- Memory foam? Look for plant based oils vs petroleum based oils. CertiPUR-US® or GreenGuard certification.
- Latex? Organic. GOLS certification. Stay away from Synthetic Latex.
- GOTS certification.
- Don’t be fooled by marketing terms. (Breathable, Natural, even Non-Toxic) Look for the proof in certifications and ingredients.
- Hybrid Mattress? Verify all foam layers are non-toxic and supported by a CertiPUR-US® or GreenGuard certification. It’s also beneficial to purchase one with pocketed spring coils since they tend to remain cleaner.
- Flame Retardants? You probably don’t want a highly flammable mattress so look for a non-toxic option such as wool or kevlar fire barrier or natural silica particles. You don’t want chemical fire retardants.
- Pricing? Make a list & compare pricing & quality to find your answer for the best affordable non-toxic mattress for you & your family.